Monday, September 20, 2010

Short Stories are my favorites right now

I must look for the blessings in life to deal with the less than desired actions of day to day living. Right now, the blessing consists of having a job that allows me the time to read. I've made a goal to read a book a week. Sadly, even if it something I enjoy, I seem to never do it if I haven't made a quota. Conisder quota fulfillment to start this week.

This morning while I was upstairs making some tea, my roommate's newly acquired book was sitting on the table; "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris, a man that I have grown to love with the rest of the NPR listening Americans out there. The first few pages over breakfast has turned me into a thief. I took the book to work today. I don't know what happened! It just ended up in my bag.

Laura, thanks for giving me something to do today at work.

4 comments:

L.R.L said...

one of my top 5 laugh out loud books.

good choice.

melissa said...

if you need a short story recommendation sometime, i'd try donald barthleme, forty stories.

FHS 05 said...

well you've proved to be worthy of borrowing my sunglasses during football season and returning them unscathed, so I'm not too worried about you taking the book to work.

Mawa said...

Short stories - my favorite.... shelves of them at my house!

By the way - I think I read this book in about 2 hours!! it was so funny....