Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sunshine and sidewalks


I am taking this moment to blog before I move on to the test I have to take before midnight tonight. My mother will be happy...blogging AND doing my homework.

It has been 4 weeks and 3 days since I moved to Salt Lake City. I can't believe it's already been that long! Time goes fast, let me tell you. I'm loving this city and falling more in love with it everyday. It's making it more difficult to figure out what I want to do in August. Apparently, when you graduate college you are supposed to do something with your life. That's too much pressure for a twenty-three year old.

Sunday morning, there was a Gay Pride Parade downtown. Laura and I head down there and slowly realized it would have been just as quick to walk from our house than devout the time we did trying to locate a parking spot. We ended up in the Einstein's parking lot and with drink in hand (to ease our minds about using their coveted lot) we walked ten minutes to State St. It was so fun and there were some hilarious floats and people all around. I couldn't believe how many people where in the streets. Estimates have it well over 20,000 people.

There is something pretty incredible about being one individual in a pool of thousands. It reminded me of New York or Hyderabad. I love that feeling.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh anne. Love that you love SLC. wish I could share a drink with you right now!

Anonymous said...

Better watch it kid! You might like it so much you'll want to stay. Then you might start thinking Einstein bagels are as good as Chester Bagel.

heww