Tuesday, September 25, 2007

'Cause all you really need are a few good friends


I love playing the “Remember when” game. Do you know what I’m talking about? You’re sitting around a room with a group of friends just chatting like normal and someone starts it…

“Remember when we were sitting around your old apartment…"

And then someone else chimes in…

“Oh my gosh! And then you stole that bicycle from across the street!”

And then for the next hour or two, everyone is going back and forth with hilarious antidotes and laughing so hard your stomach hurts. It’s great! I love it.

It’s always a little awkward with new friends when you start playing “remember when”. They can’t really get into the conversation because they’ve only been around for about a month. Usually, they don’t know half the people you’re talking about because they’ve all moved away. But I think I like that aspect just as much as the actual game. You know why? Because in about 6 months, they will be the ones starting the game.



P.S. Yes, that is Elvis and yes, I love this picture.

No comments: