Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ways I know I have matured...kind of:
-I asked for my tires to be rotated as a birthday gift
-My MTV viewing must have dropped dramatically because I had no idea Britney Spears had a new album
Those are really the only two examples I have at the moment but I bet there's more....maybe.

My birthday was on Saturday. I think it was a pretty day. I don't really remember though. I spent the day in bed and the insta-care instead of at a best friend's wedding and the middle of the desert. You may not believe me but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Yes, it would have been nice to be able to speak to my parents in the morning instead of crying in frustration because only every 5 words came out of my mouth. Yes, it would have been lovely to run around like a crazy on red rock cliffs and yes, I would have LOVED to have had a clear head with no pounding behind the eyes. But I didn't have any of that.

Instead I spent the day in my bed as friends trickled into my house. Ado made me the best homemade cake I have ever had and Allie brought pizza and salad. It was a low key night but I was with people I love and will miss greatly. I have a tendency to get caught up in all the things around me and end up on the go, go, go. This year, as I entered my mid-20's, sitting on a crate in my living room, I took some time to really look around and see what my life has become. With about a dozen friends and some birthday cake, my heart felt full.

Like I said, I wouldn't change a thing.

this is the only photo from the night. yeah camera phones!

1 comment:

Chelsea Lynn Irons said...

that cake was bomb
bring on 2.4.