Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This is it, people

I told my roommate a few weeks ago I was going to give ____ up for the month of March. In all her Catholic glory, she replied, "Why not wait until March 9 and do Lent with me!". It seemed like a good idea. You know, I could help keep her on the straight and narrow and she could help me. We may have been sacrificing different things but at least we'd be doing it together. Well, of course I said yes...and I was tricked. Number 1: Lent is 40 days. That's 9 days longer than the month of March. And number 2: Lent is 40 days. Sigh.

So it begins: No Dairy products...for 40 days. Let me tell you, Fat Tuesday ended with a bang and not necessarily because of my lactose intolerance (although, it probably didn't help). I got my last crunch bar in and the best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever tasted. Butter on popcorn? You are right out.

I've been tallying the number of times dairy has tempted. You would be surprised how many things it is in! It's in everything, seriously. Well, at least anything that's worth eating. I'm up to 9 and it's 11:55AM. I may need to stop counting.

Also, could someone come take this M&M jar off my desk? Thanks.


3 comments:

Chelsea Lynn Irons said...

you can do it annie
you were tricked... by me... sorry!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see you eat kosher for 40 days.

heww

Emily said...

it's good to hear that people like me, who have more than one good reason (lactose intolerance being one of them) to not eat dairy, still do. Good for you for giving it up for 40 days. Perhaps it is the first step to living a dairy-less life? You inspire me.