Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Ganges River

Yesterday, my philosophy professor was talking about Hindus and their belief that if they had the opportunity to bathe themselves in the holy Ganges River, all their sins would be washed away. Furthermore, while the devotee is at the religious site, he/she will offer a sacrifice. Not that of a lamb or other living thing but a sacrifice of the heart and body.

His example was pizza.

He then discussed what the devotee should do when faced with the cheesy pizza after giving it up. Does he eat it or does he turn away from it? Depending on his progression, he could do either. I don't believe in reincarnation but I do believe in second chances. That's what reincarnation is really, another shot at getting it right. Whether you believe those second chances come from some higher being or fate or the cosmos, it comes nonetheless. It comes over and over until it clicks.


I have my own pizza. Everyone does. I just need to find my River Ganges.

1 comment:

melissa said...

mmmmm. i love pizza.